This is the first week back to school, and we will start discussing PLACE VALUE.
BIG IDEA: Read and write number through the billions place, and understand that the place value to the LEFT is 10 times the value of the place to the right. For example, 100 is ten times 10, and 1,000 is ten times 100.
Here is an example:
Introduction to Place Value
- Place Value Story
- Math Antics Place Value Video
- Place Value Song: “Shake it Off”
- Another Place Value Song
- iXL Place Value Practice with Models:
- iXL Place Value Practice without Models:
- Cowboy Video
- Space-Themed Video
Converting Between (or Renaming) Place Values:
- iXL Practice Problems:
- Sheppard Software Place Value Shape Shoots Game:
- Math Tutorial on Renaming Numbers: